It's Time For a Change... Again
As the year winds down and the snow falls like a blanket across the land, one thing is apparent. And that is the fact that every goddamn print magazine that hasn't already been crushed by the inevitable hand of fate will be putting out their "Best of the Year!"* lists. And just as locusts predict the coming of The Rapture**, "Best of the Year!" lists preface the inevitable crush of award season.
I'm not a professional doomsayer, mind you, but I gotta say... the sky is falling.
I have been nominated in the "Blogger of the Year" category of the prestigious*** Drysdale Awards over at the Grant Miller Media site.
No, seriously! I thought it was a typo, too!
So what I need from you, dear readers is to vote. Chicago style - early and often. And more importantly... every now and then, vote for me. I don't even want to win necessarily. I just don't want to come in last.
Here's what you do:
1. Click on this link to vote before 12:01 AM (CST) Christmas Day.
2. In the sidebar, check "McGone" in the Blogger of the Year category.
3. Come back to this post and click on the picture at the top.
4. Print out the artwork.
5. Apply double-sided tape to the back and place on your shirt so people can see.
6. Walk into Starbucks and demand your free coffee.
7. Don't take "No" for an answer!
8. When the police arrive, go quietly. Do not resist arrest.
So, if you want to recapture some of that high you got last month when you voted for change, you got another chance right here. Unless you live outside of the U.S. - but now you guys can get in on this crazy election buzz too. Yes We Can, internets! Yes We Can!
*The IHoB Best of the Year lists are starting soon. Bookmark this site!
**This may not be true. But what am I, your damned Professor of Knowing Stuff? Google it if you want to know so bad.
***This may not be true either. But what am I, your damned Professor of Knowing Stuff? Google it if you want to know so bad.